Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cars, My Ultimate Passion, Mercedes-Benz my passion

Mum told me that I have started to show my interest in cars since I was a little child. She could still remember when was 1 year old I have began to know certain brand of cars. Since daddy is also a car fan, often, where ever he goes to view cars he would brings me together with him and I could still remember when he bought his first BMW, a 1977 BMW 320i back in 1987, I dozed off at the back seat of the car; a sign of approval hehehehe..... (dnnt be mad daddy just kidding :-p)


The car that I loved to sit and play with was my late Uncle Raya's 1973 Mercedes-Benz 200. I guess my interest towards Mercedes-Benz grew from the first time I sat inside the car. The car clads in light green colour with brown MB tex interior without head rest. I could still remember the car was such a luxury and prestigious each time he drove the car down to our modest home in Batang Berjuntai (now known as Bestari Jaya; errrr I am not used to it hahahaaa). Another car that I loved to sit inside was the Toyota Cressida GLi-6 both owned  by my uncles back then; one used to hover around Bangsar area and another one around Ampang areas. What made me to admire these Cressidas was the color of the car and the interior appointment; I must say errr very Japanese luxury appointments with velvet interiors and very porch color appointment on the color; metallic bronze brown and deep grey. To date I only admired this one particular Japanese car, Toyota Cressida GLi-6.

When dad brought back his very first Mercedes-Benz, a 1983 W123 230E, I was impressed with the look of the car. Simple yet elegant. The car wore a deep maroon color with beige cloth interior. Although only using a 2.3 liter inline 4 mechanical injection engine (some people convert to Japanese engine nowadays as they claimed the engine is not powerful) mated with 3 speed automatic transmission, the car was capable to do wheelie when taking off, whewww....did not know that Mercedes-Benz engine can be so powerful. I love riding inside the car, the car was spacious, comfortable and safe. At tha time, the price for a 1987 Mercedes-Benz 260E W124 was very expensive; if not mistaken >RM200,000.00 (1992). My interest towards Mercedes-Benz continues to grow; had earlier experienced the W115 and did not expect that the W123 still retains the comfort, willowy riding experience like the W115. And the ultimate modern classic Mercedes-Benz I ever experienced would be the W124 E-class and W126 S-class. 

To date, my deep interest on cars still going strong but I am much interested on this one particular model, a Mercedes-Benz.  With its 125 years of automobile industry, I am impressed on how this brand grows from scratch to their hall of fame today. They were the first car manufacturer in the world that use Direct Injection engine back in the 1950's, they were the first to test the airbag in 1967, a pioneer in ABS in 1979, airbags in 1981 and so many other innovations they have been involving in since the estalblishment 125 years ago. I love cars especially continental cars as they are unique in terms of look, design, performance and off course features inside it. 

Hope that my love and passion towards cars will continue to grow and also towards my favorite brand; Mercedes-Benz. 


No comments:

Post a Comment