Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Food Lover

Apart from being a car freak, I am also a food lover. I like almost all kind of food so long as it is "Halal" and most important thing is delicious. But lately I am more into a low cholesterol and balanced healthy food prior to ensure that my body gets all the necessary enzymes. Whenever I am at home, I like watching the The Asian Food Channel where they broadcast various of cooking show from Malaysia down to the other part of the world. Amongst all chefs who show their cooking skills in the cooking show, I have few chefs that I like merely not because of their personality or look but how they presented their cooking masterpiece.Well, here are some of them.

Source: www.asianfoodchannel.com
Jamie Oliver is one of my favorite chef. He doesn't make his show like a plain cooking show in a studio but he makes it very casual and more lively as it is done mostly at home hence, the term home made food applies in here :-) I can see the honesty showed in his facial expression each time he cooks. One of his cooking that  making me starving is Best Roast Beef with Huge Yorkshire Puddings. However, I may need to do some modification should I am going to cook one as it uses red wine in this cooking. I would always looking forward to watch his show, "The Naked Chef" at the Asian Food Channel (AFC). 

Source: www.asianfoodchannel.com

 Apart from Jamie Oliver, I am a huge fan of Nigella Lawson and she inspired me whenever I want to cook pastas as she can actually innovate not only one but more recipes on her own by just boiling pastas and finish it by either saute it in a pan or mix it with salads. And I believe that her cooking is delicious too. Being an English woman, her command of using proper words in describing the ingredients for her cooking is superb and I will make sure that I watch her show when ever I am free. Here is one of her cooking that drives me drool the other day when I watched Nigella Bites is Pasta With Anchovies Sauce.

Pasta with Anchovies Sauce (source: www.nigella.com)
 

However, being a Malaysian, I wont leave behind the heritage of delicious foods which are vastly available here. Being a unique country with different races and cultures, the foods available here in my country are also unique as each foods resemblance the races. Often, I rarely go to the high end dining restaurant to have my meals there but I rather go to the stalls and enjoy the foods available there. Amongst all Malaysian, the famous food that would come across in mind would be Nasi Kandar. It is a popular northern Malaysian dish, which originates from Penang. It is a meal of steamed rice which can be plain or mildly flavored, and served with a variety of curries and side dishes.

Nasi Kandar.

Apart from Nasi Kandar, one of my favorite meal is the Char Koay Teow, a famous Chinese dish that has been modified to cater the Muslim population in Malaysia like me :-). What is it actually? Char kway teow, or in the laymen term as "Stir-fried ricecake strips", is a popular noodle dish amongst Malaysian including me myself. The dish is typically prepared at a hawker stall. I love eating this meal while it is still hot. 

Char Koay Teow.
And my favorite authentic Indian foods from the northern down southern region of India will be the Naan and Tandoori chicken and Banana Leaves rice. These two dishes are my favorite Indian foods and will always be. A naan is a oven-baked flat bread that is served with tandoori chicken, a chicken that is marinated in yogurt and seasoned with tandoori masala.





















I think I better stop here now as I am drooling :-p Cannot bear to see these as it makes me hungry! Anyhow till we meet again in the next blogging session. Have a nice day!!!!!!!! ~Chowwwww~

-Fadhil Zhafri-
TTDI Jaya
2118 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment