Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Dad & I

When I first joined MyBenz, I was not driving nor owning any Mercedes-Benz vehicle back then but I only used my father's trusted W124 260E to join the crowd of MyBenz. From there and then my love for this brand grew stronger.

My father had owned two Mercedes-Benzes so far. His first Mercedes was a 1984 Mercedes-Benz 230E W123 recond unit bought in 1992. The car clad in metallic maroon color with beige cloth interior. The car came with a sunroof and AMG Penta sports rims (offset rims). The car was such a robust car and he did some modification on the engine, the result, although only using 3 speed automatic transmission the car was capable to do 210km/h without any problems and can actually do burnout without losing the power.


He sold the car after the car met with an accident in 1994. The car met with a head-on collision accident at Karak Highway with a Honda Accord, at 110km/h my dad's driver escaped unhurt whereby the Honda Accord's driver was severely injured prior with the impact of the accident. Indeed the W123 was a strong machine.

His second Mercedes is a W124 260E, he has owned it for almost 11 years and the car still pulling strong effortlessly and capable to attempt high speed albeit of its age. If some people opt to plunk a Japanese heart into their Mercedes, but my father is persistent saying that no other brand that can make a very reliable, durable and long lasting engine like Mercedes-Benz. The parts are easily available and maintenance is cheap too. He has never thought of selling it off as it is one of his best car ever.


As for me, looking at my father's love and passion towards Mercedes-Benz, finally I bought myself a W210 E270 CDI in April 2010. Some people said that diesel powered cars are problematic but I have driven it for almost a year (Gosh that long!!!!) and it is my first car and I am very happy with the performance and maintenance of the car. I have to agree with some diesel champions here that once u drive a diesel powered car u wont even think twice nor thrice to switch back to petrol powered car. The fuel is very efficient 6.9l/100km for highway driving and 7.0-8.0l/100km for town driving.


Last but not least, Nothing Will A Driver Faithful to A Car Than A Car That is Faithful to its driver, unlike any others; Mercedes-Benz. This is the uniqueness of a Mercedes-Benz drivers compared to other brands.


















-Fadhil Zhafri-
TTDI Jaya
1231 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment