Nuffnang Ads

Friday, February 11, 2011

Faithful Car....


After watching several videos at YouTube, I got an idea of writing my very own story about a journey of a man and his trusted faithful car. Some people may find it funny or some even think that one is being over possessed with the car that is lifeless and only act as a machine that brings one from point A to point B. But this time round, I wanted to tell you guys about a long and winding journey of a man and his faithful car. Who is that guy? Keep reading..

April 2001, I was amazed when he brought back this car back to our house and parked it inside the porch of our modest old house in Subang Jaya. I could still remember, the car, clad in blue ocean color with blue fabric interior. There, I began to wonder, was the car pricey? the maintenance wise was it equivalent to a blue and white propeller brand? I was too young I guess back then to think about all these but what I know was I enjoyed driving the car, it was a totally new experience for me to have driven such a wonderful car. I remembered being driven inside the car when they sent me over to UiTM Segamat when I got the offer to pursue my diploma course there.

It is the car that I used during my wedding day. Why I chose this car because it has a sentimental value in it and I want to keep it as part of my wedding experience, being driven in an over-engineered machine. 

The car never show any sign of stopping from being faithful to its driver until today. It had gone through several occasions where no one would ever expect that it would survive. When a storm came and hit Subang Jaya back in 2002 the ceiling fell and hit the front hood of the car and it had also smashed the front windscreen of the car but it still serving its driver well although there were times where few attentions were needed to maintain this car. But the car still pulling strong and still look relevant amidst all new cars that passed by it.  Just name it, the car had been to Kelantan, Terengganu, and even Perlis. Hilly areas, it had covered Fraser's Hills, Genting Highlands and Cameron Highlands. Indeed it is a powerful and robust car and never failed the driver. 

And now, it's been nearly 11 years since he owned the car but the car still don't show any sign of stopping and still moving strong cruising along the highways and expressways. As the designer used to say, this machine is an over-engineered machine that most features inside this car was actually beyond other technologies at that time. I am glad that it runs smoothly still albeit of its aging factor. And I hoped that the car will continue to run like how it was being driven back in April 2001. Indeed it is a faithful car. Last but not least, "Nothing would make a driver more faithful to a car than a car that is faithful to its driver, unlike any others; Mercedes-Benz".

P/S: This is a true story of a man and his Mercedes-Benz. The driver inside this story is my beloved father. He has been owning the car since year 2001 and today year 2011, I am handling this car from him and this car is the car that always cracks smile on my face each time I drive it around. Once you drive a Mercedes-Benz, you wont even think about changing to other brands. A Mercedes-Benz is not a car, it's a legendary evolution of automobile industry. This is one of the example of a unique relationships between a driver and his Mercedes-Benz. I hope that this car will last forever..... That's the end of a journey of a faithful Mercedes-Benz driver in Malaysia and there are many other stories out there that is yet to be heard.

Till then, till we meet again in this blog perhaps tomorrow. Good night and have a goo day.






















-Fadhil Zhafri-
0000 hrs
Shah Alam

No comments:

Post a Comment